Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Kings and Queens.

We're American and barely know anything about the histories of other nations. So, learn something. (Also, some of these names are priceless).

House of Mercia
- Offa

House of Wessex
- Egbert
- Ethelwulf
- Ethelbald
- Ethelbert
- Ethelred
- Alfred the Great
- Edward the Elder
- Elfward
- Athelstan the Glorious
- Edmund the Magnificent
- Edred
- Edwy the Fair
- Edgar the Peaceable
- Saint Edward the Martyr
- Ethelred the Unready
- Edmund Ironside

House of Denmark
- Sweyn Forkbeard
- Canute
- Harold Harefoot
- Harthacanute

House of Wessex (Restored)
- Saint Edward the Confessor
- Harold Godwinson
- Edgar the Atheling

House of Normandy
- William I the Conqueror
- William II Rufus
- Henry I
- Stephen
- Matilda

House of Plantagenent
*Angevins
- Henry II
- Henry the Young King
- Richard I the Lionheart
- John Lackland
- Henry III
- Edward I Longshanks
- Edward II
- Edward III
- Richard II
*House of Lancaster
- Henry IV Bolingbroke
- Henry V
- Henry VI
* House of York
- Edward IV
- Edward V
- Richard III

House of Tudor
- Henry VII
- Henry VIII
- Edward VI
- Jane
- Mary I
- Elizabeth I

House of Stuart
- James I
- Charles I

Commonwealth
- Oliver Cromwell
- Richard Cromwell

House of Stuart (Restored)
- Charles II
- James II
- William III
- Mary II
- Anne

House of Hanover
- George I
- George II
- George III
- George IV
- William IV
- Victoria

House of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha
- Edward VII

House of Windsor (name change during WWI due to anti-German sentiment)
- George V
- Edward VIII
- George VI
- Elizabeth II

Who ever succeeds Elizabeth II will also be a member of the House of Windsor, as per royal proclamation.

TG out!

No comments: